Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Stuffed Chicken Breasts Recipe

Stuffed Chicken Breasts

I love to create my own recipes. I may start with an idea of what I want, 'stuffed chicken breasts' for example, but I never follow the recipes. I feel more satisfaction from creating my own masterpieces than following a recipe. Almost all of the recipes on this blog have been my own (if they aren't, then I've cited my sources)

This dinner dish was INCREDIBLE!!

Ingredients: 
2 lb large chicken breasts
3 tbsp. fat free cream cheese (softened)
1/2 can diced tomatoes
1/4 diced red onion
1/2 diced red pepper
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp cilantro
salt and pepper to taste
3/4 cup fat free shredded cheddar cheese
1 packet of 'Sicilian Chicken Skillet Sauce w/ Tom basil & garlic' (found in marinade section at walmart)
1 tsp olive oil

The how-to:
  1. In large bowl, mix softened cream cheese, diced tomatoes, red onion, red pepper, garlic, cilantro, salt, pepper, and cheddar cheese.
  2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  3. Slice each chicken breast to create a pocket inside of them
  4. Stuff cheese mixture into each breast
  5. Heat olive oil in skillet & cook each chicken breast for about 7 minutes on each side
  6. Grease a clear baking dish
  7. Place breasts in pan and cover with  the *Sicilian Chicken Skillet Sauce w/ Tom basil & garlic* packet
  8. Bake for approximately 30 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment