Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Off-scale Victories: Don't Always Trust the Scale

Focus on What Really Matters:
Off-scale Victories


This is one of my favorite topics. It's been heavy on my mind for the past couple days for a few reasons...


1-I'm pregnant and will only be getting bigger so I HAVE to focus on off-scale victories
2- Even though it's everyone's first instinct to judge progress via the number on the scale, it truly is MORE important to focus on these victories. ...



 I do know for a fact that, if you're putting any kind of effort into your own fitness journey, you've accomplished at least one if not many more off-scale victories.


What I mean by this???
  • you're stronger
  • you've held strong to your diet
  • you've gone up in weights
  • you can fit into those old jeans
  • you've stopped modifying the workouts
  • you've stopped taking extra breaks in the workouts
  • others have seen change in you
  • you've built confidence
  • you've lost INCHES!
  • you've inspired someone else
  • you've motivated everyone in this group
  • you've become someone that others can go to for advice about fitness because they see you working so hard


-YOU DID THIS. I can't do any of these things for you.
...
It's been your choice to start your journey and to push your hardest.... and that, my friends, is an off-scale victory.
...
Weight fluctuates throughout the day. The number on the scale can change with every sip of water you take. Focus on the FACTS.

No comments:

Post a Comment